Famous Seamus

I love Humanity, I Love Art and Music, and I love the Earth. I hate Right Wingers and if reading my postings doesn't make them want to kill me then I'm wasting my time

Sunday, January 01, 2006

The Seamus Awards 2005

Hey Folks,
Haven't posted up anything in a while as I've been away in France working on organic farms. It was good to get away from the Whole Celtic Tiger thing for a while though I couldn't put much stuff up on my blog because of the weird keyboards. Being away for almost 5 months means I haven't seen all the movies that came out this year but you don't really expect comprehensiveness from bloggers, now do you?

Here, nonetheless, are my awards for the year.

Best Novel: Kafka on the Shore, Haruki Murakami

Best Non-Fiction Book: Collapse, Jared Diamond

Best Movie: The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou

Worst Movie of 2005 (or any other year): Dear Wendy

Best Album (Rock) : Oceans Apart, The Go Betweens

Best Single: I predict a riot, Kaiser Chiefs

Best Album (Electronica) '64-'95, Lemonjelly

Best Concert: Elecrtric Picnic

Best Cork City of Culture Event: Frankenstein

Worst Cork City of Culture "Event": Knitting Map

Best Riot: G8, Stirling

Most Ironic piece of Merchandise: G8 T-Shirt, made in Honduras

Best Wedding: My Brothers, Patmos, Greece

The Aisling Enright award for best niece: Aisling Enright

The Michael O Leary award for most nausaeating git: David McWilliams

Hugo Chavez prize for standing up to George Bush: Hugo Chavez

Tony Blair award for Brown-Nosing George Bush: Bertie Ahern

George Bush Award for chutzpah: Draft-Dodger Dick Cheney Labelling Iraq war opponents "Spineless"

Best Football Match: Need You Ask? Liverpool 3 AC Milan 3 (Liverpool win 4-2 on penalties)

Best other football-related event: A Tie between Man Utd losing Roy Keane and their manager losing his marbles.

I'm sure there's more stuff I can think of, but I've got to look into my crystal ball and let you all know what '06 has in store for us. Last year I predicted lots of ecological disasters and turned out to be on the button with that one. So watch this space.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Example Example Example Example